Peanuts are a cherished snack which are as healthful as they are yummy. Despite their somewhat misleading title, peanuts really are grow under the floor. Legumes are raw seeds included in pods, whereas authentic blossoms grow on trees.
Irrespective of their botanical classification, peanuts have been appreciated in several distinct recipes, both sweet and salty. But, peanuts and peanut butter may be really delicious when integrated into desserts. This is true when peanut butter becomes the foundation for snacks.
Makes 5 dozen
- 1 cup sugar, plus extra for coating dough
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup Crisco Butter Flavor Shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 31⁄2 cups Pillsbury® Best All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup Smucker’s® Strawberry Jelly, or any jam, jelly or preserves
At a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, shortening, and peanut butter. Beat in eggs, vanilla and milk.
In another bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Increase the peanut butter mixture and beat until combined.
Lay the dough to 1-inch balls.
Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from the oven. With the back of a teaspoon, create a curved indentation at the top of each cookie. Fill each with approximately 1⁄2 tsp jelly. Bake another 2 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.